Re: Use stricter PATH during build

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Masao Uebayashi wrote:

This makes pkgsrc build use stricter PATH during build; that is, don't
use PATH passed by user.

This is experimental, but this shows interesting results.  Problems
I've found so far are:

- emulator/ calls file(1) implicitly, which should be a TOOLS
- GNU configure usually uses uname(1) which is missed in TOOLS too

        Anything which makes a build less dependent on vagaries of the
        hosting system is a good thing... This I like :)

        While we are here, how about pkgsrc setting umask?

                David/absolute       -- No hype required --