Re: BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS can be harmful

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:32:15PM +0100, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> How do you deal when a package directory or a package itself is
> renamed?  The binary package will contain references to something that
> doesn't exist anymore.

Renamed or moved? The renamed part is irrelevant as you have broken the
dependencies already in that case. The question is whether moved
matters. I don't think that is a big deal and certainly not more trouble
than the current status quo. It would matter in the case of having
files with additional magic, but that can likely be eliminated as well
and is also a lot less often done.