Re: MKHTML and users of bsd.*.mk in pkgsrc

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 05:08:18PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 03:15:58PM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > >
> > > I still believe the general change is wrong for exactly this reason. It
> > > doesn't not only affect pkgsrc, but in pkgsrc it is most visible.
> > > For this reason I would like to see the actual change discussed.
> >
> > So a change is wrong because it... changes things?  I think of myself
> > as a fairly conservative person, but you're out of my league.
>
> No, because it changes things beyond the base system without discussing
> whether that should be done. As I said, it applies to all software that
> uses a BSD make based build system.

Anyway, thanks for your useful contribution to this discussion.  The
part of my original mail that you skipped said my point wasn't to
discuss whether the change is wrong or right.

Now do you have actually have something to say about my original
proposal or did you only take a chance at ranting about a change you
don't agree with?

And please don't just reply to that.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost