Re: multi-variant packages and bulk builds

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 02:00:14PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> > Keeping the list of enumeration variables in one place in IMO much
> > preferable as this list is constant and means that filtering logic can
> > be done in one place.
> One place in pbulk, one place in distbb, one place in bb framework etc.
> Three places in total. Is this still "one place"?

Nothing stops you from extracting the same data.

> So, "this list" is not constant and may be extended in the future.

Just because this list can be extended doesn't mean it changes during
one scan.

> A few weeks ago you've added new variable BOOTSTRAP_PKG to pkgsrc
> which is set to "yes" for bootstrap packages. I guess this is for your
> pbulk. Right? Why you don't keep this constant list in "one place"? ;-)

You are confusing infrastructure and packages. BOOTSTRAP_PKG is
inherently a package attribute. It is not specific to pbulk as it will
be used to make replace/update handling smarter at some point in the
future.

Joerg