Re: remove emacs nox11 packages?

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 08:22:16PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
 >   Is it time to remove emacs21-nox11 and emacs-nox11? They serve no
 >   purpose that PKG_OPTIONS.emacs=-x11 doesn't, and at least
 >
 > That's not quite true, because we don't build binary packages with
 > PKG_OPTIONS.emacs=-x11, so the similarity is only true for people
 > building from source.

That's a fair point. Sometime we'll have to figure out what to do
about binary packages and options, but in the meantime I guess these
ought to stick around.

 >   emacs21-nox11 has been bitrotting. (I noticed today that its
 >   PKGREVISION hadn't ever been bumped even though it shares patches with
 >   the regular emacs21.)
 >
 > I think we now have the ability to have a package which is essentially
 > "build this other package, but with these options".  That would be a
 > replacement, and less prone to bitrot.

The emacs(22) nox11 package is arranged better; I (or someone) could
clone that into emacs21-nox11.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost