RE: OpenSolaris bootstrap problems

Dieter Baron <> wrote:
> - SUNWhea and SUNWscp need to be installed.

This is documented for Solaris.
<http://wiki.netbsd.se/How_to_use_pkgsrc_on_Solaris>  I'd expect OpenSolaris
to be very similar.  It should definitely be noted in the README.Solaris
file, though.

> - bootstrap --compiler=sunpro fails to set CC, thus trying to build
>   awk using gcc.  (bootstrap correctly guesses sunpro as compiler and
>   in that case also correctly sets CC).

I noted similar behavior while trying to bootstrap on A/UX.  I hacked the
script slightly to pass the specified $CC/--compiler option value on to
other scripts that are called, and that seemed to work pretty well.

Tim
--
Tim Larson        AMT2 Unix Systems Administrator
    InterCall, a division of West Corporation

               Eschew obfuscation!