Re: how to upgrade a whole machine ...

On Wed, 07 May 2008, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > [mailwrapper-style scheme for pkg_* tools]
> That wrapper config seems to imply the admin has a choice. But would they
> ever go back to using system supplied version?

Perhaps; for example, they might upgrade the base system at some future
time.  Even if they never go back, it seems useful to me for them to
have a way of saying "I won't use the pkg_* tools frmo the base system
in future", without the base system and pkgsrc both trying to install
different files inder identical names.

--apb (Alan Barrett)