-nox11, -x11, -qt, -tty, etc.

The following packages are obvious candidates for using package options:

databases/sqsh-x11
editors/ce-x11
editors/elvis-x11
editors/emacs-nox11
editors/emacs21-nox11
editors/xemacs-current-nox11
editors/xemacs-nox11
games/nethack-qt
games/nethack-tty
games/nethack-x11
graphics/gnuplot-nox11
graphics/plotutils-nox11
lang/pnetlib-nox11
net/irrtoolset-nox11
security/dsniff-nox11
www/htmldoc-x11

I plan on converting them to use package options instead of requiring a separate package to handle the presence or lack of X11.

Because people may be relying on these packages to generate binary packages, I will keep these package directories in place with the necessary magic to build the corresponding package. For example, with databases/sqsh I plan on adding a "x11" option and then databases/sqsh-x11 will install a package named "sqsh-x11" that simply pulls in sqsh/Makefile and forces the "x11" option to be turned on. If at a later time we decide on how we want to generate binary packages of the same package with different options, we can remove these packages at that time.

Comments?

        Thanks,

        -- Johnny C. Lam