Re: [RFC] PLIST feature to simplify conditionals

In article <> Joerg wrote:
: On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 01:49:23PM +0200, Dieter Baron wrote:
: >   I would like us to move towards a more expressive format than a list
: > of files for PLISTs.  mtree spec comes to mind, as it is expressive
: > enough and easily extensible.  We could also record special ownership
: > and permissions directly in the PLIST, as well as optional files and
: > which subpackage they belong to.

: We can do that already with the PLIST.

  And if the answer is ``with @xxx annotations in the previous/next
line'', then my answer will be ``let's move to a sane format''.  I
think lines should be independent of each other, each line describing
one file (or possibly directory).  Furhter, I want to get rid of all
@command lines in the PLIST: The PLIST should just describe a
package's contents.