Re: [RFC] PLIST feature to simplify conditionals

Masao Uebayashi wrote:
In the PLIST, you can then have:

As I said some time ago, prefixing path part with a variable loses
grep'ability.  I still think the syntax like distrib/sets/lists would
be better.

lib/security/     pam
lib/              nss

This does run into problems with files with spaces in them. To be honest, I don't know if pkgsrc even supports files with spaces in them, but I think that at least the above would be confusing to the code.

I suspect that when we solve the sub-packaging problem for PLISTs that we will simply re-use the solution for this problem. For now, I just wanted to keep mostly the same well-understood mechanism used in current PLISTs.

        -- Johnny C. Lam