Re: Multiple/Split Master Sites?

> Or is lang/sbcl-boot simply a fetch binary and install it thing that
> doesn't actually build anything?

Yes.

>  In that case it seems like a lot of overkill for what needs to be done.

I don't know sbcl. I don't know sbcl-boot.

I was imagining a sbcl-bin package (like we have many -bin packages
already).

The end-user could choose to install the sbcl-bin package and use it
as-is.

Someone will have to make that sbcl-bin binary available. Maybe already
available as linux_compat or other?

>  What would you do with lang/gcc if there were no C
> compiler either in the OS, as a pre-installed package, or in the
> bootstrap-pkgsrc part of things?  Sure you can download the source, but
> without a compiler, what good is it?

  Jeremy C. Reed