Re: Multiple/Split Master Sites?

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 07:54:36PM -0800, Jon Buller wrote:
> I would like to take an existing binary package, unpack it in the work/
> directory and build from there. So the first big question is how can I
> have MASTER_SITES set to the right SOURCEFORGE spot to get the sources,
> and also fetch the proper binary package, presumably from ftp.n.o or a
> mirror.

You can add multiple files to DISTFILES and define a separate
MASTERSITE for each. E.g.
MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE:=foo/}
DISTFILES=${DISTNAME}${EXTRACT_SUFX} someotherfile.tar.gz
SITES.someotherfile.tar.gz=     ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/some/path/

> Second, is there any prior art on how to get the right binary
> package? I suspect I can muddle through that one, but hints would be
> appreciated.

I think you should make the package use a known-good binary package,
not just the latest available one.

Hope this helps,
 Thomas