single pkgsrc help document needed (was: sed/${SED} and pax/${PAX})

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 01:25:53PM +0100, Roland Illig wrote:
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> >Following a suggestion in a recent message I have been running "pkglint
> >-Wall" on a few packages that I maintain and got some odd output:
> >
> >NOTE: Makefile:21: You can write "sed" instead of "${SED}".
> >
> >I also got a similar message for pax.  With all the message I receive
> >about not using hardcoded names this struck me as odd.  Can someone
> >explain the reasoning behind this seeming dichotomy?
>
> do you know "pkglint --explain"? That says:

All these help text should be available in a single document, e.g.
pkgsrc/doc/pkgsrc.txt because then you have a chance to find it and
not need the help by someone who gives you a magic commmand to find
the help text for a single issue.

Bernd