Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk
To: None <>
From: Roland Illig <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/17/2005 22:01:04
Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> If we're going to support make's that do the 'set -e' thing, perhaps
> we should add that explicitly to the pkgsrc mk files?  e.g. something
> like '_PKG_DEBUG=	set -e'? It's a bit difficult to test otherwise.

_PKG_DEBUG is already bound to another meaning, so we should find
another way.

I definitely don't want to start every shell command with:

The worst thing of this is that this very useful combination consists
entirely of internal variables. I had tried to start a discussion on
this topic in [1], but no one had answered me. Maybe now it's time to
try again.