Subject: Re: tex-jadetex and TeTex 3
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/02/2005 20:37:17
Hi,

On Sep 2, 2005, at 8:25 PM, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> teTeX-texmf-3.0nb1
>> teTeX-bin-3.0nb2
>> teTeX-share-2.0.2nb1
>> teTeX-sharesrc-2.0.2
>> teTeX-2.0.2nb1
> that mix of v2 and v3 shouldn not play well together.
> Upgrade your teTeX to a consistent state, then see if things still
> break.
>
> I think what should be done is make a pkgsrc/print/teTeX[23] pull
> in all the corresponding packages (conflicting), and pkgsrc/print/
> teTeX pull in teTeX3 (but allow teTeX2 too).
>
> Care should be taken to not add any version numbers to package
> names, as was suggested in your mail - this just asks for more
> trouble.

One possible solution for this problem whould be to use a latex logic
in mk/, like what we have for emacs vs. xemacs or ghostscript, to be
able to have dependancie about whatever latex implementation, or a
subset of versions.
Back in April, i proposed a mk/latex.mk for this :
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2005/04/06/0050.html and pkg/30012
It is not perfect, and probably buggy, but it could help improving
the latex environment under pkgsrc, and also clean the way latex
packages are installed

antoine