Subject: Re: tnftp build fails on MacOS X 10.3.9 (bootstrap)
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/10/2005 20:51:01
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Luke Mewburn wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 05:30:54PM -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
>   | Okay, the issue is specifically with net/tnftp, which is built as part
>   | of bootstrapping pkgsrc on Darwin/MacOS X (at least).  The configure
>   | step is somehow not picking up the fact that MacOS X 10.3.9 has a
>   | 'dirname()' function.
>   | I've worked around it by hacking the "net/tnftp/files/config.h.in"
>   | file to explicitly:
>   |    #define HAVE_DIRNAME 1
>   | so it will persist when bootstrap/work/tnftp/config.h is created.
>   | With this hack in place, the bootstrap operation completes with no
>   | further problems.
>
> The configure script looks for dirname (in libgen, for example),
> and if it's not found it does AC_REPLACE_FUNCS(dirname),
> so I don't understand why the latter isn't providing it if the former
> doesn't find it.
>
> Does the configure output give any hints to what's going on?
> What's the build error you're seeing?

My apologies.  I'd originally posted about the problem in:

    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2005/06/10/0015.html

and later followed up with error report:

    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2005/06/10/0016.html

I should have kept the subject the same.

While MacOS X has dirname(3), it does not have libgen.dylib.  Instead
dirname(3) is found in libSystem.dylib.  The header file <libgen.h>
is still used, though, which leads to the conflict with tnftp.h

--
John D. Baker, KN5UKS                    NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
jdbaker(at)mylinuxisp(dot)com                 OpenBSD            FreeBSD