Subject: Re: ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=opera-license
To: Jason R. Fink <jrf@diverge.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/27/2000 23:48:01
On 27-Oct-00 Jason R. Fink wrote:
> This is an extraordinarily good idea. I have cross posted to netbsd-docs
> to kick off a discussion there about documenting this issue somewhere
> (although it most likely already is).

I'd like to see this done in a way that is machine parseable..  for example..

Create a directory called "licenses" or whatever, and in that directory will be
files, like:

opera-liscense
no-commercial-use

Each file would contain the lisc., or in the case of something like
"no-commercial-use", just an explanation of what that means to you.  This way..
automation (hint hint) could be developed that would review the lisc., and
place it in the user's list of acceptable licensing.  (ie, the filename would
be appended to the ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+= variable in mk.conf.)

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>