Re: ixg and SFPs in NetBSD 10_RC1

On Sun, 2023-11-26 at 21:35 +0000, David Brownlee wrote:

> Would it be worth test booting a FreeBSD or Linux image to see if
> they
> work under that (to confirm if it's a driver issue)?

That's an idea. And Debian 12 also reports the DAC as an unsupported
SFP.

My working hypothesis is that since the Intel cards support 10GE and
1GE, the driver cares more about how the SFP describes itself. I'm
pretty sure my Emulex and Mellanox cards only do 10GE and so the Linux
drivers for those cards can afford to YOLO a bit more than the ixg
driver.

Cheers,
Lloyd