Re: icmp6_nodeinfo

On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 7:36 AM Havard Eidnes <he%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I usually don't follow FreeBSD too closely, so someone else
> tipped me off about this one:
>
>   https://cgit.freebsd.org/src/commit/?id=b73183d1a243d486e3889bd71800e94812f5fa17
>
> where they now have changed to default icmp6_nodeinfo to "off".
>
> I also see that in 9.99.104 it is by default "on" in our stack,
> and that it's sysctl'able.
>
> Perhaps we should follow suit and default it to "off" as well?

Do you have evidence that it's actually working? I'm trying to make it
work on other systems and it isn't. Unfortunately I don't have access
to a NetBSD system at the moment.

I'm doing ping6 or ping -6 with the option to get NI information back,
I hope that's the relevant thing here. ping6 -a on my Mac for example.

Andy