Re: struct sockaddr_storage issues

On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 15:08:57 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Is any of this specified by POSIX or RFC, and are you sure you are within
> the standards?
>
> Do other systems have a problem with using the right type and its
> length?

From what I've read, various standards and man pages, are somewhat
vague about this specific use case. Yes EINVAL is correct error when
size mismatch occurs, but I think this was specified before
sockaddr_storage was introduced.

On Linux this works, on NetBSD-9.3 and Solaris-11.3 this fails. Not
tried other platforms yet. Looks like portability issue I need to be
aware of.

Thanks.