Re: dhcpcd: switching off or down-priorising SLAAC addresses

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 02, 2022 at 09:56:03AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 12:25 PM <is%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > I noticed that for dhcpcd using clients, they get the
> > SLAAC-address/64 and additionally the dhcp-assigned/128
> >
> > Now, for some uses, I'd like (e.g. servers) to use ONLY the
> > dhcp-assigned address, also for outgoing TCP connections.
> >
> > If I recall correctly, this used to work with ISC's dhclient.
> >
> > Any idea how to do this?
https://man.netbsd.org/NetBSD-9.3/i386/dhcpcd.conf.5

says:

ipv6ra_autoconf
             Generate SLAAC addresses for each Prefix advertised by an IPv6
             Router Advertisement message with the Auto flag set.  On by
             default.

ipv6ra_noautoconf
             Disables the above option.

so the second one should do what you want.

hope this helps
Andreas