Re: blocklistd detects a failure for a killed ssh session

On Friday 25 Nov 2022, at 00:49, Anthony Mallet wrote:
> But according to the logged messages ("Received disconnect from ..."),
> the code path taken necessarily is in ssh_packet_read_poll_seqnr() in
> packet.c, that returns SSH_ERR_DISCONNECTED. It's easy to see that
> this leads to a call to fatal_fr(), which is a wrapper for sshfatal,
> which calls cleanup_exit(255).

I was recently running an older install on another host, and that was
working fine out of the box.

Then I noticed that the problem was actually explicitly fixed in
rev. 1.19 of crypto/external/bsd/openssh/dist/log.c, by doing
cleanup_exit(254) in logdie().
But the change was lost in rev. 1.22 during a merge that replaced
logdie() by sshlogdie(), that again does a cleanup_exit(255).
I guess that was not intentional?

Anthony