Re: mbuf cluster leak?

ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost (=?utf-8?Q?Edgar_Fu=C3=9F?=) writes:

>> There is only pressure on the pool caches when the system runs out
>> of memory.
>I don=E2=80=98t get that. What if the mbuf cluster pool runs full? Something=
> must lead to Reclaims, because I observe them on other machines.=

If the cluster pool is full, you hit a limit and the allocation fails.

When you free a cluster, it's given back to the cache layer (so that the
next cluster allocation is fast). The cache layer may eventually give
it to the pool, and the pool may release it to the VM system, but that
only happens when the system runs out of memory and tries to reclaim
such unused space.