Re: if_ethersubr.c: if_ierrors -> if_iqdrops?

On Mon, 22 Nov 2021, SAITOH Masanobu wrote:

I wrote a patch for better counting:
------------
Better counting for ierrors, iqdrops and noproto in ether_input().

- Use if_noproto for unknown or unsupported protocols.
- Use if_ierror for wrong mbuf and oversized frame.

Thank you for that. I'm unable to test it until I'm back home--which
is not until the end of the week. Please commit it anyway.

In my home's network, some machines send 802.2 LLC packet that the
etype = 6. A few machines also send LLDP packets.

I wonder if `etype' is just being byte-swapped in those odd packets?

0x0008 = 0x0800 	# ETHERTYPE_IP
0x0006 = 0x0600		# ETHERTYPE_NS

I'll test it when I get back.

Thx,