Re: nd6_free assumes all routers are processed by kernel RA

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 08:43:53PM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
> > Opinions?
>
> We should do something with ICMP unreachable maybe? I assume the router
> did send something along those lines back?

If we do not have a global source address, sending packets via a router
is pretty much guaranteed to violate a number of RFCs.

So hoping that a router will tell us by means of ICMPv6 what we already
know (and hoping that it is even able to do so, which implies special
handling over there to get the ICMPv6 to a LLA out the correct interface)
does not sound like a good plan forward.

gert

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert%greenie.muc.de@localhost