Re: nd6_free assumes all routers are processed by kernel RA

On 22/08/2019 22:51, Roy Marples wrote:
This hasn't been the case for a long time if you're a dhcpcd user with a default config. As such, it's possible for the default IPv6 router as set by dhcpcd could be erroneously gc'ed by nd6_free.

Attached is a patch which addresses this by no longer considering any kernel selected default router and just considering if it is a router or not. This reduces the scope of the ND6_WLOCK taken as well as fixing an issue where we write to ln->ln_state without a lock being held.

I would like this commited fairly promptly as I want it pulled up to -9 and -8 (probablly need some adjustments, I've not checked).

While here, does anyone know why this is guarded by !ip6_forwarding ?
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want a default route gc'ed on a router either.

Roy