Re: nd6_na_input: duplicate IP6 address

On 08/05/2019 14:38, Roy Marples wrote:

There are many situations where the NS/NA packets get looped back into the origination node, causing these false positives. I added RFC 7527 support to NetBSD over a year ago which will debut in NetBSD-9.0. This adds a nonce to the DAD packets to ensure looped back DAD packets can easily be ignored.

What's puzzling is that up until my last os update I never saw any of these messages. Has the kernel print only just been added? If its always been there something in the OS has to have changed to trigger them on this host as the network environment has not changed at all. The rate at which they are produced is swamping everything else in the kernel message buffer.

I've also now updated another system and its now showing exactly the same symptoms with exactly the same config.

Is there anything I can do to debug this further?

Mike