Packet ordering

Hello,

   Where, technically, do packet orders get mixed up?

   I know UDP packet ordering is not guaranteed.  I have seen UDP
packets arrive in the wrong order when sent over the Internet.  However,
I have never seen UDP packets arrive in the wrong order when sent
between two hosts on our LAN, and it made me wonder where they actually
happen.  I obviously understand that it could simply be that I haven't
observed it, not that it doesn't happen -- but it seems pretty easy to
trigger them over the Internet.

   I understand that it's conceptually wrong to assume packet ordering
regardless -- but I'm curious if it can happen anywhere in the NetBSD
network stack.

--
Kind Regards,
Jan