Re: Time to retire some ancient network pseudo-interfaces?

On Friday 25 January 2019 12:41:41 Maxime Villard wrote:
> Not really related to networking, but I just saw PR #21345, and there
> seem to be more dead drivers that need to go. As Jason pointed out,
> "satlink" is one of them; it has no man page, is not enabled anywhere
> except ALL, and has no use either.

I actually used the satlink driver in Fall of 2017 ... I was teaching a class on
drivers and for NetBSD I used satlink has been a simple example of a driver
that has been my starting example of how to do a NetBSD driver.   The
students know it is old, but it does give them a great  introduction.

I do point them to more complicated code later.

Any candidate drivers that are nearly as simple as satlink?  I'm sure I'll
be asked to teach our "device drivers" class in the future some time.

--Phil