Re: how safe is NET_MPSAFE

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 2:42 AM Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm wondering what's the status of NET_MPSAFE in netbsd-8 ?
> will it have some advantage on a ftp/http/rsync server with a bnx interface ?

Unfortunately your setups don't gain benefits from NET_MPSAFE in
netbsd-8/-current.
Layer 4 and sockets are still in KERNEL_LOCK and/or softnet_lock and bnx
isn't MP-safe yet.

The best setups benefited from NET_MPSAFE is a router with Intel NICs
(wm or ixg)
and npf.

You can check doc/TODO.smpnet to know what are MP-safe and what are not.

  ozaki-r