Re: so_rerror

On 04/11/2018 08:44, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Sun, Nov 04, 2018 at 01:56:26AM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
With 2 major differences:

1. pax-mprotect protects the system from random programs that misuse
     mmap; the class of programs that breaks is small and known (jit stuff);
     the majority of people think that the default should be on. And finally
     there is a sysctl to choose... Until I commit the code, the new behavior
     for sockets is mandatory.

I don't have a single NetBSD system where I can turn this option on (for
example, it's not found on ERLITE) and have all the programs I need to run
on it actually work.

I am not sure I can parse this correctly. With "this option" you mean PAX
mprotect?

Yes
The ERLITE kernel has none of the PAX kernel options, so at runtime
there is no option to turn it on or off - it is always off.

Exactly. So it works out of the box for me.

If you see other programs break with it, file a pkgsrc PR (assuming you
did install it from pkgsrc).

I'll see if I can get around to that in the coming week.

Roy