Re: so_rerror

?I absolutely agree with this change, and if I had found the time, would
have done it myself.

I also absolutely disagree with any global (turn it on by default) option,
that will just result in needing to go modify all the programs that don't
want it to turn ot off, just in case the system managed enables the
option.   No thanks.

Better to modify the (very few) programs where this behaviour is useful
to turn it on, and those for which some people might rationally desire
it on to have an option to do that (syslogd might be one such, though
I still see almost no utili8ty in being told that a message from no-one
knows where was lost - in syslogd that will only happen when there's
a message flood, and when that is happening, the most likely and
obvious source to assume lost a message, with a good chance of
being correct, is the one sending large numbers of messages.   The
lots of messages is the issue, not the one of them that was lost.   And
if it happened that the message that lost out was a different one, then
how would anyone ever know?  And why would anyone even assume
that it might have happened?)

kre