Re: Time to retire some ancient network pseudo-interfaces?

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 08:54:51AM +0200, Maxime Villard wrote:
> Maybe we should do better filtering when adding stuff. For example, SCTP
> should not have been added, there is an enormous work to do to make it
> ~reasonable, and it doesn't look like anyone has any intention to do that
> any time soon.
>
> So it's here, with its thousands of lines of code, it consumes APIs and
> makes stuff harder to change; but it will never be enabled.

Maxime, it is very good that you are enthusiastic, but your "it needs
to be perfect" attitude and the way you shoot around and hurt people
does IMHO actively discurage people from improving NetBSD.

Please use technical criticisms if you have any, but avoid this broad
"everything is shit" mails. Everyone will read an implied "unless I did it"
and dismiss your (probably valid) point (that you did not even make).

Sorry to be blunt,

Martin