WiFi Refresh -- Report 2

Hello tech-net,

    This is my second report on the WiFi Refresh.

     Following advice, I decided to get the urtwn driver working first.   I created a test
kernel with just the urtwn driver and the 802.11 code.

     Progress in the last two weeks consists of the following:

    a)  All ieee802.11 files now compile, although there are still some features
         commented out.  (Many issues listed in the first report still exist.)

     b) I have a working test kernel that is now allowing me to debug the urtwn
         driver and the 802.11 code.   urtwn now attaches and initialization appears
         to be mostly working.  (I suspect the ec_ values below are wrong.)

$ uname -v
NetBSD 8.99.21 (TESTWIFI) #60: Fri Jul 20 12:08:41 PDT 2018  phil@....:/home/phil/netbsd/src.wifi/sys/arch/amd64/compile/TESTWIFI
$ ifconfig urtwn0
urtwn0: flags=0x8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        ssid ""
        ec_capabilities=2a8cee50
        ec_enabled=ffffffffa30567c8
        address: 74:da:38:e2:9d:fd
        media: IEEE802.11 autoselect adhoc (autoselect mode 11b adhoc)
        status: no network

     c) "ifconfig urtwn0 up" now appears to be working.

# ifconfig urtwn0 up ; ifconfig urtwn0
urtwn0: flags=0x8803<UP,BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        ssid ""
        ec_capabilities=2a8cee50
        ec_enabled=ffffffffa30567c8
        address: 74:da:38:e2:9d:fd
        media: IEEE802.11 autoselect adhoc (autoselect mode 11b adhoc)
        status: no network
#
        unfortunately, I'm also running into a usb/xhci bug that got tickled with
        the doing the "up" and it crashes 9 out of 10 times.

The plans for upcoming work for the next two weeks:

      1)  get scanning working

       2) get the code working over an unsecured network.

       3) get the code working using WEP

       4) get the code working using WPA

And if I get that far in the next two weeks, I'll be very happy.

--Phil