Re: Porting umb(4) from OpenBSD

			Hey tech-net, (maxv@, skrll@)

On 01/05/2018 19:09, Maxime Villard wrote:
> Le 30/04/2018 à 15:26, Pierre Pronchery a écrit :
>>
>> I am currently trying to port umb(4) from OpenBSD:
>>
>>> The umb driver provides support for USB MBIM devices.
>>> MBIM devices establish connections via cellular networks such as
>>> GPRS, UMTS, and LTE. They appear as a regular point-to-point network
>>> interface, transporting raw IP frames.
>>
>> This is apparently required to access Internet with USB modems since
>> 4G/LTE (at least on my own Sierra Wireless EM7345).
>>
>> It does not build yet (therefore also not tested) but I am getting
>> there. If anyone feels like reviewing it already, it could save me some
>> trouble and help getting it to work faster.
>>
>> This is probably also missing changes to ifconfig(8), if only to set the
>> PIN code; this is the user interface that OpenBSD developers have chosen
>> for this. Alternative suggestions are welcome! (sysctl...)
>
> I don't see where sc_tx_buf is initialized, and also the m_copydata looks
> highly suspicious to me.

You were right about sc_{rx,tx}_buf, thanks.
I do not see anything wrong with m_copydata() on my side so far.

In the meantime I have made progress, and the driver now builds and matches!

It currently crashes when attaching:

> vmem_free()
> sysctl_createv()
> if_percpuq_create()
> if_attach()
> umb_attach()

Any idea what can cause this so early on?

I am attaching the current code here. There are still a few #if 0's.

@skrll: would you mind having a look at the modifications required in
        the USB framework there?
        (I am porting this code from OpenBSD, I am not very familiar
        with either USB stacks; maybe some are not actually required?)

Cheers,
--
khorben