ipf "keep state" rules, tftpd and inetd

I ran into a strange problem (tftp not working) caused by the fact that, if
tftpd is run via inetd, the reply to the original request packet originates
from a different port than that the request was sent to. So my "keep state"
rule in ipf.conf doesn't make the reply pass the filter rules.

I guess this is a standard problem, so what's the standard solution to it?

Is there a relaxed form of "keep state" where the sending port is allowed to
differ from the receiving port and only the other end's port and the IP
addresses need to match?