Re: how do I disable IPv6?

On 28/02/2018 14:04, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 08:50:23AM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
Unicast at the link layer, sure, but the AP should not be inserting its own
MAC address into the packet -- it should unicast-forward the packet but
leave the original sender's MAC address alone.

Mine _appears_ to do this, if tcpdump can be trusted.  But it's a moderately
expensive Cisco enterprise AP.  Do others not?

I don't see where on the way to nd6_dad_na_input() we check for the sender
mac and would filter out our own.

Sadly the sender mac is missing from the protocol itself, unlike the ARP equivalent which makes life harder.
We would need to look at the ethernet frame.

See here:
https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/netinet/if_arp.c#1046

We need a similar check in nd6_na_input().

Roy