Wireless Multicasts (was: how do I disable IPv6?)

I don't know much about the subject, but I just asked a friend who
definitively should -- he desings network hardware, including Access Points.

> That's why multicast is mostly implemented by sending a packet to the access
> point which then unicasts the data to each device individually. In that
> specific environment it's much faster and occupies less 'air time' than
> other solutions.
According to my friend, this multicast-to-unicast conversion is optional.
This may explain some people noticing the problems and others not.

> So, multicasting IP works fine. But you receive the replicated transmissions
> from the access point, even when you are the original sender.
But my expert also doubts that the AP normally unicasts the converted
multicast back to the original sender.