Re: Google Compute Engine networking stopped working

Hi Benny

On 21/08/2017 15:46, Benny Siegert wrote:
> I have a NetBSD VM with working networking in Google Compute Engine,
> and a new one where it does not work.
>
> GCE Networking has DHCP return a host address with a /32 netmask, plus
> a gateway with a different address. The trick is that you also need a
> host route to the gateway, directly over the interface.

Then GCE Networking should also set a static route to the gateway like
so (where the gateway IP is 1.2.3.4):
	1.2.3.4 1.2.3.4

Or via a CSR option:
	32/1.2.3.4 1.2.3.4

Then dhcpcd works fine, and a lot of ISPs already do this via DHCP.

Or as Martin said, script it via a custom exit hook like so:

if $if_up; then
	add_host_route
elif $if_down; then
	remove_host_route