Re: Slow transmission with Marvell SKnet

Robert Swindells wrote:

> What is the output of:
>
> # ifconfig -m sk0
>
> You could also try running the sk0 as autoselect, both with the test
> machines and the switch.

Thank you very much! I fixed the problem! It was probably my fault.

Explanation: I know that the GBit-mode requires much more energy than 100
MBit, so I always tried to limit the interfaces to 100 MBit. The 8241 CPU
is not capable to exceed the full 100 MBit bandwidth anyway.

For some NICs (for example re(4)) the following ifconfig works fine:
  media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex

But appranently not for sk(4). These media options do not work:

sk0: flags=0x8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        ec_capabilities=5<VLAN_MTU,JUMBO_MTU>
        ec_enabled=0
        address: 00:11:32:05:xx:xx
        media: Ethernet 100baseTX full-duplex
        status: active
        supported Ethernet media:
                media none
                media 10baseT
                media 10baseT mediaopt full-duplex
                media 100baseTX
                media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex
                media 1000baseT
                media 1000baseT mediaopt full-duplex
                media autoselect

Configuring the interface with "autoselect" on a 100 MBit switch shows the
following:

        media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX
full-duplex,flowcontrol,rxpause,txpause)

So I was probably missing the flowcontrol, rxpause and txpause options for
sk(4), which re(4) didn't need?

--
Frank Wille