Re: ip6_output(): routing link local addresses

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 07:54:24PM +0200, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> Can someone in the know give me please give a clue how ip6_output() routes
> link-local addresses? I can't find any special case in there or in
> in6_selectroute()/selectroute() for that.
> Is there some magic elsewhere in the routing cache or what do I overlook?

Not having looked at the code recently - but: why should there be?
They're still IPv6 (L3) addresses and use the same mechanism as
the others, go through neighbor discovery, etc.

The only magic involved is that functions like Neighbour Discovery use
(one of) the link-local address as the sender for the _transport_, and
the src/dst scope comparison.

Route selection is then done through the normal in6_selectroute()
mechanism, which is a call to selectroute().

Regards,
	-is