nd6_output()/ip6_if_output() and link-local addresses

I'm confused. If nd6_output() is called with a link-local destination
address, does it expect the interface number (scope id, zone index) in
dst->sin6_scope_id or does it expect it to be KAME-embedded in
dst->sin6_addr (i.e. in .addr16[1]) or both?

What about ip6_if_output()?

Has this changed with 4.99.11?

I'm trying to track down the ipf panics with return-rst on LL addrs and
my impression is that ipf_fastroute6() may be doing it the wrong way
(address embed, not sin6_scope_id). But I may be entirely wrong.