status of bpf_mtap()/bpf_mtap_softint() ?

Hello
looking more closely at bpf for CAN, there is something I don't understand.
It looks like bpf_mtap() can't be called from interrupt context any more,
as shown by the KASSERT() in bpf_deliver().
bpf_mtap_softint() was was introduced for this.

But it looks like most ethernet drivers will still call bpf_mtap() from
hardware interrupt context.
For example, if_tl.c calls bpf_mtap() from tl_ifstart(), which is called
on TX interrpt. ic/hme.c is another example.

Did I miss somehing, or have these drivers missed some conversion (and
have not been tested with a DIAGNOSTIC kernel) ?