Re: route(4): Adding ROUTE_MSGFILTER socket option

Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost> wrote:
>    Date:        Wed, 5 Apr 2017 11:00:35 +0100
>    From:        Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost>
>
>  | Comments welcome!
>
>Looks mostly good to me, with a caveat, and the same / a similar mechanism
>would also be useful for the mobility socket (which is a clone of the
>routing socket) if we ever add the Mobile IP code - and could probably be
>used for generic raw sockets (aka ping and such) with a very similar
>filter function.

I have got the Kame Mobile IP code in my tree, what kind of mechanism
do you think needs to be added to better support it ?

The Mobile IP userland could make use of this patch to reduce the amount
of times that it is woken up by routing socket changes other than
RTM_CHGADDR.

Robert Swindells