Re: IPv6 prefix route lifetime

On Friday 05 August 2016 01:11:20 Roy Marples wrote:
> 2) Stop adding the route via nd6_prelist_add (as found in nd6_rtr.c).

Here is a patch for -current to facilitate this:
http://www.netbsd.org/~roy/in6_ifa_route.patch

  *  Stops adding address prefixes added by ioctl to kernel RA prefix lists.
  *  Allows changing prefix length of an existing address due to the above.
  *  Intelligent prefix route management, handled using IFA_ROUTE similar
      to subnets in IPv4.
  *  End result is less code.
  *  No need to special case IFF_POINTOPOINT routes.

The bad news is that it won't apply cleanly to -7 due to the new pserialize
foo. While I work on a patch for -7, I'd appreciate eyes on this to check I've
not broken anything. I haven't tested in kernel RA handling, but it should be
fine still.

dhcpcd-6.11.2 will need a minor patch for this here:
http://roy.marples.name/projects/dhcpcd/vpatch?from=baf261658cb99a8a&to=8693fdfee6cdff71

Roy