Re: A strange TCP timestamp problem?

> On 28/06/2016, at 9:39 PM, Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:
>
>> How about using a cheap pseudo-random number generator seeded with
>> a fixed value?
> That wouldn't work because it doesn't lead to values increasing over time.
> I indeed thought about hashing uptime plus a random constant generated at boot.

I’m sorry, I should explain more. I think the the generator should generate one number per connection. The timestamp values themselves would actually be the sum of the internal TCP clock and this generated number.

This way we get different numbers on the SYN packets for different connections without having to do much work.

Cheers,
Lloyd