Re: RFC: nexthop cache separation

On 11/03/2016 11:22, Roy Marples wrote:
>> - RTF_CLONING and RTF_CLONED are obsolete
>>   - Keep the definitions to not break package
>>     builds
>
> I think we should just drop (by this i mean comment not, not physically
> removed from the header) the RTF_CLONING and RTF_CLONED defines.
> FreeBSD has already done this, and I hate having useless defines for
> removed functonality as the header is then effectively lying about the
> system we are compiling for.

As an addendum to this, dhcpcd has an optimisation on FreeBSD (where
RTF_CLONING does not exist) where we just change a route instead of
deleting/adding because we don't need to propagate route changes to
cloned routes. By keeping the define we would loose this nice thing!

Also, here is a patch to dhcpcd for RTF_CONNECTED.
http://roy.marples.name/projects/dhcpcd/vpatch?from=30dc9f9e58b4fc6c&to=7863654887f01a41

Roy