Re: Any tips for tuning NetBSD for NAT?

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 12:19:40AM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> I can't comment on the goal of doing 100Mbps, but the hardware is
> extremely bad when it comes to network processing. The CPU is weak and
> the network chip is about the worst PCI design ever.

OK, even if it can't pass packets at 100Mbps, is there anything that
can be done to keep user processes from starving? I'm also running
BIND on the machine, and while a large transfer is in progress, BIND
hangs for long enough that clients asking it to resolve names give up.
INet: khym%azeotrope.org@localhost |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 39 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++