NPF or PF

Hi All,
     Could you Please indicate me what are the main differences
between the both packets filters NPF and PF?

Until now I use regularly (under OpenBSD) PF to create
firewalls. What I appreciate particularly with PF is the "overload"
function and the "authpf" shell.

I have not seen any mentions of equivalent functions in NPF.

For what reason does one choose NPF instead PF? Is NPF available
in other system (freebasd, linux)? Is a documentation (beside the man pages)
available describing the use and functionalities of NPF?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank for your help,

Kind regards,

rhino64