Re: A strange TCP timestamp problem?

On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 11:36:50PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> Here's what the source says about why we send 1 on SYN:

Ah, I guess that does sound like a good thing in general :)

FWIW, I tried changing that line to tp->ts_timebase = 0, and that
fixed the problem with repeated connections to
thaipbs-live.cdn.byteark.com--ffmpeg was able to record the stream
without any issues. But as the comment implies, the initial timestamp
sent was very low, since I had just rebooted with the new kernel. I
wonder what other OSes do--start at some (pseudo-)random number?
INet: khym%azeotrope.org@localhost |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 39 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++